I recently made a 40-second video to show some highlights of what happened to my novel, The Other Times of Caroline Tangent, and me during 2022. (You can see it here on my blog if you’re interested).
Having made it, I’ve published it on multiple places across the internet, and I thought it might give a little bit of inspiration and ideas for some other writers if you also want to reuse and repuropse any videos you’ve made about your books.
This is where I’ve published my video:
- Twitter – still a good place for my social media posts: https://twitter.com/ivanwainewright/status/1598655973584998401
- My author Facebook page: https://fb.watch/h9UWSZiny-/
- Instagram (not great because my video format is rectangular which doesn’t work so well on Insta): https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clq85NiDQtb/
- Here on my blog (of course!)
- Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ivan-D-Wainewright/e/B08Y7SZKML/
- My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsscSwWB-xQ
- My Goodreads profile (which just embeds the YouTube URL): https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21269606.Ivan_D_Wainewright
You’ll notice I haven’t included TikTok, simply because the video size/format is so different to what is normally published on that site. But I may yet do so!
If you’re also an author, then where else have you published similar videos? Let me know in the Comments below.