One of the themes in The Kosher Delhi is food, and the restaurants which Vik works in. All fictional, of course. Which got me thinking: which fictional restaurants would I like to eat in if only I could do so?!
Here’s my selection. What others would you add?
- Milliways in The Restaurant at The End of the Universe: a five star restaurant situated at the end of time and matter? Why would you not want to go?!
- La Ratatouille: it’s the kitchen I was thinking of a lot when I was writing The Kosher Delhi.
- JJ’s Diner in Parks and Recreation: breakfast food all day…
- Jack Rabbit Slims in Pulp Fiction. How cool?
- Soul Food Cafe from The Blues Brothers: for the music and atmosphere – Aretha Franklin singing! I’d stay all day.
- Stan Mikita’s Donuts in Wayne’s World: for the jukebox and clientèle.
- The Whistle Stop Cafe in Fried Green Tomatoes
- Nat Dayan’s bakery in Dough (with the special ingredient of course…)
- The Kosher Delhi, in The Kosher Delhi! Well, it is my book, and if I could eat at Vik’s fusion restaurant in Greenwich Village then that would be rather wondrous!
And a few additional bars/coffee houses:
- Rick’s Cafe in Casablanca: for Bogie, Bergman, La Marseillaise – Play it, Sam.
- The Cat’s Pajamas in Marie-Helene Bertino’s The Cat’s Pajamas at 2 A.M.: for the jazz
- Any of the jazz bars in Rafi Zabor’s The Bear Comes Home: man, they would be cool (but smoky)
- Ten Forward on TNG Enterprise: with Data, Guinan, Picard, Deanna Troi…
- Cafe Nervosa in Frasier